BASIC FIRE SAFETY AWARENESS TRAINING
Our basic fire safety awareness training course provides participants with an all round knowledge of what to do in the event of a fire, how to prevent fires from happening, and gives practical hands on experience of using a range of different fire extinguishers.
This should be given to all members of staff at least once a year and will be dependent on the type of premises and risks present. (For example, a small basic office with a low turnover of staff may look at training annually, whilst a school or college may look at training staff on a 6 monthly basis, due to the high number of different people who would be on the premises, and the large premises having a complicated layout).
Spark-Risk will be able to advise you on the frequency of training we recommend when we look at your own specific circumstances. We feel that this training should be provided by a third party, ensuring that you are always up to date with current fire safety regulations. We also cover:-
- The RRFSO 2005 – The law, Fire Risk Assessments and your duty of care
- Fire Prevention and precaution measures in your premises
- Regular Daily and Weekly Fire Safety Checks
- Understanding the theory and causes of fire
- The Fire Triangle
- Fire hazards and precautions
- Action on discovering a fire
- Raising the alarm
- Means of escape
- Classes of fire
- Which extinguisher to use and correct use of them
- Types of extinguishers and their suitability for specific fire risks
- British Standard/European fire safety signage legislation
Duration: Between 2 and 2.5 hours dependant on workplace environment and numbers.
Delegates: Ideally up to 12 people
What’s included: All fire extinguishers for practical use and certificates for all delegates
Cost: £175.00 – £225.00