About us:Spark-Risk was founded by Steve Hamblett, a friendly, knowledgeable family man with more than 20 years service as a wholetime operational firefighter with Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service. On retiring from the Service several years ago, Steve realised that the experience, enthusiasm and knowledge he had gained and worked towards over those years could be put to greater use, and so embarked upon a new career in the same field and set up Spark-Risk Ltd, and ever since has constantly strived towards expanding his own knowledge through qualifications, training and courses in order to provide the first class service that our customers receive today. Our ever-growing client list is testament to this.
Spark-Risk demonstrates a commitment to, and an understanding of, diversity and integrity. Adopting a fair and ethical approach in all situations, we:
- Are committed to the development of the company and others.
- Understand, apply and adapt relevant information in an organised, safe and systematic way.
- Maintain an active awareness of the environment to promote safe and effective working practices.
- Adopt a methodical, conscientious and proactive approach in order that our clients might achieve and maintain excellent standards.
With a deep understanding of fire safety awareness and uncomplicated communication skills, Spark-Risk works in partnership with our clients to give clarity to the often daunting obligations and pre-requisites placed on them, guiding and refining what needs to be done to implement and maintain effective policies and procedures in order to meet legal requirements and, ultimately, save lives.
Once a site visit has been undertaken and a Fire Risk Assessment completed, a comprehensive report is produced identifying any fire hazards and/or people at risk, together with an Action Plan giving clear instruction on how to remove or reduce any such risks in order to achieve compliance to regulations, namely The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. The ‘traffic light’ Action Plan is structured in such a way to make it simple and straight forward to identify and address any high, medium or low risk situations.
- Summary of Spark-Risk’s experience
- Supported residential accommodation
- Residential sheltered accommodation
- Privately rented accommodation
- Activity rooms for supported living
- Domestic / disabled living premises
- Communal meeting facilities
- Office buildings
- Multi-occupancy office buildings
- Maintenance depots
- Storage and distribution warehouses
- Cash & carry / food storage
- Public houses
- Schools, Universities & colleges
- Engineering workshops
- Places of Worship
- Parish Halls / function premises